All Horse Weigh platforms come complete with a handheld user-friendly EziWeigh 5i Digital Electronic Read-Out Unit (pictured above), which is mains re-chargeable.
- Automatically zeros out any straw, shavings, manure etc on the platform between horse weighings.
- The EziWeigh 5i read-out unit stabilises out after a few seconds guaranteeing +/- 1% accuracy or 2 resolutions (whichever is greater).
- The EziWeigh 5i read-out unit has a backlight facility, which can be turned on or off, or to a medium setting, depending on the lighting conditions.
- The read-out unit resolutions are set to 0.5 kg (1.1 lbs) when the fine mode is ‘off’. The fine mode can be set to ‘on’ (weighing to the nearest 0.1 kg, or 100 g (0.2 lbs) when weighing yearlings, foals, afterbirths, jockeys, feed, dogs.
- The internal re-chargeable battery is capable of 20 hours continuous weighing. The read-out unit turns itself off after 15 minutes of inactivity, preserving battery charge. It also has a battery charge level icon at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- The EziWeigh mounting bracket is included.
- When clients take delivery of their weigh platform, the first / initial charge must be done for 4 hours; This charge gives 20 hours run time (when the backlight is set to “off”). Subsequent charges only take 3 hours. The advanced EziWeigh 5i battery can be charged at any time the user wants to.
- The weight loadcells never require calibrating and are not affected by changes in temperature, have a total capacity of 3000 kg (6600 lbs), and are qualified IP67 (guaranteed to be waterproof).
- Please note when weighing small items/people i.e. a jockey he or she must stand in the middle of the platform allowing all four-weight sensors to perform accurately.
- For a memory function and / or pc compatibility, there is the option to upgrade from the EziWeigh 5i Read-Out Unit to either the EziWeigh 7i, ID 5000 Bluetooth or XR 5000 Bluetooth Read-Out-Units – see Upgrades on the right for their additional features.
All Horse Weigh products use our loadbar electronic technology, which allow the platform to be closer to the ground, i.e. 4.5″ (10.8 cm) making the platform horse friendly. Their robust cables can withstand a horse treading on them without fear of damage.
All loadbars are qualified IP67, which means they are guaranteed to be waterproof. They are robust and stable.
Loadbars have been extensively tested and are supplied on all models of the Horse Weigh. They have been successfully used world-wide, in 37 countries in all climatic conditions.