The Mini Tokyo – Thoroughbred has been designed specifically so it can be transported in the back of the smallest of cars.
It differs from the Tokyo model, in that it has been specifically designed for the Thoroughbred & Arabian breeds, for their breeding, racing and rehabilitation operations. UK trials, carried out on a racehorse rehabilitation yard, have shown that even the horses with the most unpredictable temperaments or demeanours, walked straight onto this model, and were very relaxed during the whole weighing process.
The mini Tokyo-Thoroughbred has been designed to make sure all the components are comfortably under 20kgs so that only one person can manage all the transportation and lifting. It is 22% lighter and 23.93% smaller in area than the old Tokyo-Thoroughbred model.
Reports back from the UK trial, also indicated that the two ramps & two side guide rails made all the difference.
- The horse did not have to pick up its foot at all, when walking onto the entry ramp, and walking off was much more “horse friendly” with the exit ramp
- The two guide rails made the horse feel much more secure, and therefore it was not minded in trying to step off the platform, during the weighing process
- Locating the platform next to a wall or fence, very much aided the whole walking-on process for the horse
- The design mimicked that of a starting stall at the races, which make a horse feel secure and safe, thus eliminating any fear or panic that the horse may have
Other intended uses may well be for the feed, worming or pharmaceutical sales teams, or even the consultants for these companies. This product is also useful to the “very mobile” vet, as he / she needs to have their weighing platform with them at all times, as they travel from client to client. Also it can easily be taken by the trainers of the “International globe trotting” racehorses, as they travel their horses around the globe to race at the “high profile” races; the mini Tokyo can quite easily be taken on the plane with the horse, as some of the International race courses still do not have their own weighing platforms.
- Complete aluminium construction + high quality “non-slip” green astroturf (artificial grass) flooring
- Comes complete with a hand-held ‘easy to use’ EziWeigh 5i digital electronic read-out unit which is mains rechargeable
- Comparisons for all the Weight Read-Out Indicators available as extra.
- 24 months warranty
- Model comes with a robust box for components